Our school meals are provided by Edwards and Ward. Meals are prepared and cooked at the All Cannings Primary School site by the company's own staff in their well equipped kitchen. Meals cost £2.50 per day. There are three choices of main meal a day (including a vegetarian option) on a three week rotation. Edwards & Ward are able to cater for dietary needs.
Orders and payments can be placed online for the whole term via Parent Mail. The registers close a week in advance to enable the kitchen to order all supplies.
Children in EYFS and KS1 are entitled to Universal Infant Free School Meals. You will still need to order your child's meal choice, however, we will expect anyone who has not ordered to bring in a packed lunch.
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to eligible children who attend school on a full-time basis. Eligibility is based on parents being in receipt of one of the following benefits:
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Fruit & Veg Scheme
The School Fruit and Vegetable Scheme is part of the 5 a day programme to increase fruit and vegetable consumption. All four to six year children in school are entitled to a free piece of fruit and vegetable each day. Currently this includes apples, pears, satsumas, bananas, carrots, cocktail tomatoes, sugar snap peas, strawberries and mini cucumbers.
The School Food Plan has revised standards for food and drink in school and from January 2015 all schools are required to make lower fat milk available during the school day for all children. This is free for children under 5 and children eligible for free school meals who receive 1/3 of a pint a day. You can register your child at https://www.coolmilk.com/register or collect a form from the school office. If you register before a Tuesday, your child will start receiving milk from the following week. If your child is over 5 you can still receive milk by registering at the same website address. The cost is around £15 per term. Payments can be made online.