We are the little school with a big heart and with God by our side, we love, learn and flourish together as, ‘Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also (Matthew 6:21)’
(The treasure is the change that happens in us and what we want to see in the world, leading us to be the best we can be. Our treasures are our school values, 6Rs, our curriculum and the journey of growth we are all on together in God’s wonderful world)
- Here in God’s Love
- Embracing Equality
- All in Friendship
- Ready for Forgiveness
- Together in Trust
Our values help us to grow as individuals so that we can go out into the world and make it a better place. Having a big heart is central to all that we aspire to be at Chirton School, encompassing each of our values.
Our Values Vehicle is a tractor:
- The values are the crops as we share them out, they grow, and we gather them back in to enrich everyone’s life.
- The engine signifies the ‘heart’ of our school; the children.
- The headlights are the Church and Community guiding us forward.
- The sun above is God – the light of the world; we cannot grow without his presence.
- The SAT NAV is the Governors, steering us in the right direction.
- The staff are steering the tractor, ensuring everyone is part of an inclusive journey.
- The trees represent holistic growth and our Forest School ethos.
- The Farm House represents the parents who are nurturing and supportive.
- The birds represent our MAT; helping us to spread our wings.