Maths Curriculum Intent
The intent of our carefully sequenced maths curriculum is for children to move on from Chirton:
- Having an appreciation of number and its importance in everyday life.
- Enthusiastic about their learning and keen to share their ideas.
- Able to articulate their understanding using mathematical vocabulary
- Recalling key number facts and applying these to derive new knowledge
- Trusting their own abilities to problem solve and applying their acquired skills to a range of situations.