The following schools in the Devizes and Lavington area formed Equa Multi Academy Trust in April 2019.
- Lavington School
- All Cannings CE Primary School
- Bishops Cannings CE (Aided) Primary School
- Chirton CE Primary School
- Rushall CE Primary School
- Woodborough CE VA Primary School
- Dauntsey Aided Primary School
Equa is a Multi Academy Trust formed with strong schools, a shared vision and retained independence. We live by one word, equity – the inalienable right of every child to a great education that will give them every chance in life, full stop.
The following principles will guide and secure the ethos and culture of Equa. They strengthen the partnership, collaboration and effective working across Equa.
- All members, trustees, governors and professionals working for Equa will accept and embrace their professional responsibility to care for every child and young person within Equa. They will be open to change, treating all within the trust and the wider community with dignity and respect at all times, valuing those of all faiths and none.
- Every child has the right to the highest quality academic, social, emotional, spirtual and physical education. All children are safe within the academies’ care.
- High quality intervention is provided when appropriate to ensure the learning needs of ALL pupils/students are met at the earliest opportunity (including in early years).
- Those involved in the leadership and governance of Equa accept responsibility to deliver high quality in-service training and appraisal processes that are challenging and supportive to enable outstanding teaching and leadership.
- There are clear structures in place to ensure that the voices of all children, young people and adults within Equa are heard and valued.
- Equa actively values and respects each academy’s distinctive ethos, identity and culture. Equa is committed to preserving and progressing the distinctive Christian foundation, ethos, values and effectiveness of each of the church academies within the Trust
- Equa identifies and nurtures the passions that develop self-esteem, motivates each child and provides an atmosphere where children enjoy learning and want to go to school. Through fostering personal and spiritual growth, children develop a secure sense of self, and their own place in the world.
- Establish a structural model based upon the assumption of local delegation and decision making within a framework of strong oversight, scrutiny, challenge and collective accountability. The strategic direction of the Trust is created and owned by the Trustees of Equa. Under an earned autonomy approach, aspects of responsibility and decision making for the day-to-day operation of each academy will be delegated to its LGB and headteacher.