History Curriculum Intent
The intent of our carefully sequenced history curriculum is for children to move on from Chirton:
- Having a secure understanding of chronology and how time periods fit in a wider context both in the UK and the wider world.
- Eager to learn more and willing to ask questions which deepen their knowledge and understanding
- Articulating their knowledge using technical vocabulary that enables them to express their thoughts
- Reliably selecting sources of evidence to a support their arguments and discussions.
- Thoughtfully presenting their ideas in a variety of curriculum areas to enhance their understanding.
Click here for - History Curriculum River Map
Click here for - History Subject on a Page
Click here for - History Skills Progression
Click here for - History National Curriculum