Computing Curriculum Intent
The intent of our carefully sequenced computing curriculum is for children to move on from Chirton:
- Having the confidence to use programmes and software effectively.
- Enabled to use a diverse range of multimedia technology to purposefully showcase their learning.
- Able to use coding skills to produce effective algorithms using resilience to deconstruct and problem solve.
- Recognising how computers and digital technology can enhance their opportunities.
- Taking responsibility for their online safety and with the secure knowledge of what they can do if they have a problem.
Click here for - Computing Curriculum River Map
Click here for - Computing Subject on a Page
Click here for - Computing Skills Progression
Click here for - Computing National Curriculum
Click here for - Computing River Map - Online Safety
Our Digital Leaders are a group of pupils who are responsible for a range of roles in our school including:
- Trialling and reviewing new hardware and software
- Supporting children in learning more about how to stay safe online
- Running lunchtime computing clubs
- Working with other schools on larger computing and online safety projects
- Helping set up computing equipment in classrooms.